Mornsun new SCM3401BFA is a half-duplex enhanced transceiver designed for the RS-485 network. This new transceiver adopts DFN 3X3 package to meet customers’ needs of smaller size. Powered by 5Vdc, the SCM3401BFA transceiver is fully compliant with TIA/EIA-485A standards and is suitable for data transmission of up to 1Mbps. In addition, the bus receiver is designed with a 1/8 unit load and its bus load capacity is up to 256 nodes to meet more nodes requirements.
On the basis of traditional IC, SCM3401BFA focuses on strengthening the reliability design of pinA and pinB(including the driver over-current protection and enhanced ESD design), the ESD protection level of A and B pins can be up to 15KV(Human Body Model).
Widely used in applications of industrial automation, building automation, smart electricity meters, remote signal interaction, transmission, etc.
Figure 1: Typical Application Circuit
- Ultra-compact size, DFN 3X3 package
- 5VDC single supply operation
- Baud rate up to 1Mbps
- 1/8 unit load - up to 256 nodes on a bus
- Low quiescent power as low as 0.3mA
- Shutdown mode power as low as 50nA
- Bus-pin ESD protection up to 15kV
- Driver short circuit protection