1. Charging Stations Market Prospect under the New Infrastructure Construction
The charging station is the “energy station” of the new energy automobiles. According to a global market research, electric vehicle charging piles market estimated to reach US$ 3 Bn and expand at a CAGR of more than 10.19% from 2018 to 2026. As the electrically powered vehicles have shown up, new avenues have opened up for charging plies. Innovation and development of electric cars are the biggest booster for growth in the global electric vehicle charging station market. For new infrastructure construction, global government policies supporting purchase of electric vehicles, push from world level organizations in reducing carbon footprint, and collective efforts to are pushing growth in the global electric vehicle charging piles market.
Analysts suggested that Asia Pacific will become the largest shareholder of the global electric vehicle charging station market in terms of geography. The consumption of electric vehicles and people’s incentives for purchasing battery-powered cars keep increasing in this region, which is boosting growth in the global electric vehicle charging stations market in Asia Pacific. While North America and Europe will continue their significance in the global electric vehicle charging stations market.
charging stations and an electric vehicle
new energy vehicles
2. Charging Stations System
Charging stations can be divided into DC (direct current) and AC (alternative current) charging piles, between which DC charging piles have bigger volume and faster charging speed, while AC charging piles are "smaller and more lovely".
Electric vehicle charging stations mainly consist of control circuit, monitoring security unit, and human-computer interaction system. The control circuit is mainly completed by embedded ARM processor, which needs 5V voltage supply. Users can swipe cards in a self-service way for user authentication, balance query, billing query and other functions, and can also provide voice output interface to achieve voice interaction. The interaction information is mainly transmitted through the 485 signal from RS485 communication module or CAN signal.
Users can perform the human-machine interaction according to the liquid crystal display (LCD), and 4 charging modes are available in accordance with the guidance including flat rate, charging according to the electric quantity, automatic full charge, charging according to mileage.
3. Power requirements for Charging Stations
(1) Charging stations belong to outdoor application conditions so that the components has the demanding temperature requirement of -20-50℃ because of the huge temperature difference among the four seasons within a year. Due to the complicated environment, the components need to meet Surge ±2kV/4kV，EFT ±4kV and conformal coating requirement (fungus proofing, moisture proofing, and salt-spray proofing) since they will receive strong electromagnetic interference and humid environment.
(2) Taking the Chinese market as an example, charging stations should supply 24V power for BMS of buses and supply 12V power for BMS of cars, therefore, 12V/24V output power supply needs to be automatically switched according to BMS. In this case, the special MORNSUN power supply for charging stations - LM150-12M1224 is available in Mornsun.
(3) Under different loads of distribution network, abnormal voltage fluctuations lead to high voltage drift of charging station input, so the power supply needs to withstand the 300Vac surge input 5S or be compatible with the 300Vac input design.
4. Mornsun Provides Solutions to Charging Stations
Power Solution & Products Recommendation for DC Charging Stations
As the government policy support and enterprise investment increase, global new energy automobile industry has witnessed a leapfrog development in recent years. As a global strategic industry, new energy vehicles and charging stations are in steady growth of demand. In this context, cost-effective solutions are the primary conditions for winning. MORNSUN keeps optimizing the previous solutions in the field of charging stations, dedicates to helping the majority of users to improve the cost performance of charging stations, adapt to the current market environment, and comprehensively improve the stability, security and reliability of the system.